What's the best paint to use on a cement bird bath?

+6
hi, I'm in the process of refreshing my birdbath. I have cleaned it and wanted to give it a more "stone" look. I bought a textured spray paint but then realized it probably would not work on cement. I went to HD yesterday and a gentleman there told me I should not use spray paint but rather use a water base flat paint. Anyone has experience with this? Thanks in advance ce
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 24, 2017
    To be honest with you I would not recommend painting the bird bath. There are chemicals in the paint that will potentially harm the birds. From what I have researched the same goes with how the bird bath is washed.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 25, 2017
    Would you consider using Unicorn Spit? I love how this Hometalker's bid bath came out: http://www.hometalk.com/16861339/garage-sale-bird-bath-makeover-with-unicorn-spit
    • Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Jan 30, 2017
      I would love to get my hands on some Unicorn Spit paint but can't justify he expense yet.
  • Gloria S Gloria S on Jan 25, 2017
    I had a resin bird bath that I painted last spring & I also used the flat paint but I did not paint the inside of the bowl. I painted all of the outside & up to the edge of the bowl. Then I took colored stones ? glued them on the inside of the bowl with marine grade waterproof glue. Am attaching a pic. Think it turned out pretty good. Just wish I had taken a b4 pic ( I bought it for $10 at a flea market & it really looked horrible but I like a challenge !!)
      Gloria, that looks amazing and exactly what I had in mind as well. Hope mine comes out as nice as yours....
  • Gloria S Gloria S on Jan 30, 2017
    Thanks Ana..the hardest part was the design !! Plus I didn't realize It would take so many stones. I started with a couple of bags from the Dollar store & wound up having to make 2 more trips b4 I finally finished !!The birds seem to love it tho & so do I !!
  • Elizabeth Elizabeth on Apr 20, 2019

The entrance of my home is a light sand color. I'd like to brighten the entrance as well as the kitchen, any ideas for a happy, alive color?