Help this person finish their in-progress braided rug! Advice needed!

+14
Mary was an artist, intuitive and precise about colors, meticulous in her renderings. In remodelling her kitchen, she bought new dishes, which then provided the color scheme for the room--blues, yellows, almond, honey-tan.
She began the process of making this round braided wool rug (so far about 48" in diameter) to place under her 42" round table with chairs. She started by perusing the cache of fabrics amassed by herself, her mother and grandmother. Then, color samples in hand, she made regular runs on remnant bins at fabric stores.
So far this rug is four feet wide--it could be finished off at any point, but what a waste of potential! Mary had already done the preparation for a much larger rug--there's a big supply of rolled fabric strips, which she cut from the wool remnants, ahead of the braiding and sewing process.
What's needed here is a new owner who's avid about things Early American/Country/etc. who is also into handwork, or knows a professional who can do this justice. Oh, and space to store it until it's ready to become part of one's decor. I've been a conscientious custodian of it for over 20 years, and must give it up soon.
Please comment, advise, request, or offer. Thanks. Patricia
e post a call out for person to finish an in progress braided rug, reupholster
Shows the exact colors, and the precision of handwork. If asked, I can send a picture of the entire rug as it is so far (the colors in the photo aren't accurate).
Rolls of woolen fabric, unrolled along with progression of work.
  • Jo Ann Miller Jo Ann Miller on Jan 24, 2017
    I would finish using the fabric that is with the rug. Then use it somewhere appropriate to it's size. It is beautiful and needs to be seen.

• Pat Sallade Pat Sallade on Jan 24, 2017
      JoAnn, I appreciate your response. Are you interested in finishing, then using, this rug? (Fyi) please read following posts. Thank you for your appreciation. Pat

• Carol Carol on Jan 24, 2017
    The rug is stunning! The colors, the workmanship, impeccable! I'm not clear what this post is saying... are you looking for a new owner? Or just someone to finish it?

• Debbie Debbie on Jan 24, 2017
    I would like to see how you made this ... I like this very much .. myself I would put just a little more blue in it .. but super nice

I wasn't witness to the making of this rug, so can't say how it was made. I have seen good YouTube videos demonstrating the technique. Putting more blue in it is possible -- it's all up to the preference of the braider. Mary planned it to go under a round table with a pedestal base, so much of those darker colors would've been covered in use. Here's the entire rug so far, but the photo is not well-lighted and does not accurately represent the clear colors. Glad to hear you like it. Thanks. Pat

• Susan Bechamp Susan Bechamp on Jan 24, 2017
    Check with your local craft store. They may have knowledge of people up to this task of completing Mary's Rag Rug. Or contact the nearest folk art museum in your area, they might be able to guide you to someone who can finish it. This looks like a project for that TV show "Handcrafted America" should pursue.

• Carol Carol on Jan 25, 2017
    I would love to have this rug! How to proceed?

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 25, 2017
    It looks practically finished to me!!! I'm loving the look!

• Carol Carol on Jan 25, 2017
    FB is doable.

• See 1 previous
    • Carol Carol on Jan 26, 2017
      Hi Pat, I sent you a private message in FB. Let me know if you don't get it. Not sure whether it goes through if we are not 'friends'.

• Pat Sallade Pat Sallade on Jan 25, 2017
    OK - look me up there: Pat Sallade. See you!