Any idea's on turning sliding glass into french doors?

  7 answers
  • William William on Jan 25, 2017
    Replace is your only option. Reconfiguring a sliding door to swing will bring more trouble than you want. To many serious obstacles you'd have to overcome to convert sliding doors to french doors. It will end up as a costly headache. Donate your sliders to Habitat for Humanity. They may even have french doors to fit your space.
  • Dea Dea on Jan 25, 2017
    Thank"s William .

  • Diane B Diane B on Jan 26, 2017
    there are center open french doors and bifold french doors. Go with which ever one will fit best in your budget and DIY capabilities. Personally I love the type of doors that are used for Lanais. They just slide back into the wall. Just something you might want to consider. Hope things turn out great for you
  • B1doyle B1doyle on Jan 26, 2017
    If you can't replace the sliders with swing-type doors right now, you can buy online these grids that fasten onto your windows that look like the panes of french windows. I don't know if they make these for doors, but it might be worth a look.
    • Melissa V Melissa V on Jan 27, 2017
      I was thinking the same thing. If Dea just wants the look of French doors, put the inserts on your sliders that add the paned window look, without a lot of hassle or cost.
      I honestly wish we had some great sliders instead of our French doors (except when it comes to moving large items in and out and we open up both doors).
      Otherwise Dea, start looking for what you want, and be prepared for the price tag...and yes, check habitat for humanity, and make sure you have your measurements and a tape measure with you. Have fun!
  • Dea Dea on Aug 01, 2017
    Thank you to all that responded with idea"s .God Bless
  • Krisihli Krisihli on Aug 01, 2017
    Sure. Simply remove old doors and install new pre framed french doors, if they are same size or smaller pretty easy, if smaller may have to replace siding inside and out, if larger you need to replace the header and some other framing and possibly siding.
Your comment...