Keep Your Home Warm by Insulating Your Windows

$30

Keep your homes warm with this quick and inexpensive solution. In my home I have window that are original to the home. They are 30 years old and in dire need of replacement. My windows are incredibly drafty. I can literally feel the money I loose when its cold. Sadly after purchasing a brand new HVAC system it left very little funds to replace my windows at this time. New windows would cost around $7,000 – $8,000, annnnnd right now, that is just not in the budget. Fortunately, I discovered an extremely affordable to solution to resolve my drafty windows while strolling the aisles of my Home Depot.
You really don't need a lot to do this.
The basics are
-Frost King Window insulation kit
-Scissors
-Hairdryer
-Tape Measure
Clean around the windows first and apply the double sided tape
remove the backing from the tape and apply the plastic sheet
Smooth and eliminate wrinkles by running a blow dryer over the plastic
You can also cover patio doors with simple bubble wrap.
Simply spray the window with water and apply the bubble wrap directly to the glass, bubbles facing the glass.

ToolBox Divas

• Dianne Cecil

I have mini blinds &curtains! I can't seem to

Work around them. Is there a way to put plastic on old windows on the outside?

• Grandma D

Build a wood frame of 1x 1. Use double-sided tape to attach the plastic all around then use a few small screws to fasten it to the exterior frame. I suggest heavier plastic than shrink film, but not so heavy you couldn't tear through it in an emergency. Alternately,just wrap the plastic around your window screens so that part of the window will still open, and build a frame only to fit the part of the window that doesn't open

• Kay34466757

Take the bubble wrap off the windows in the summertime?

• Lorraine

I have trouble removing the tape what do you use to do this?????????????

• Bonnie Marcum Plumlee

Where did u buy this

• Mj

In any hardware store or big places like home depot or lowes, also walmart

• Barbara

I have been using the large bubble rap for 3 yr. I just hot glue it to the bottom half of the window so no one can see in but I can still see out then in the spring I take it off. I really like the see out but no one can see in.

• Lauren Smith

We tried the bubble wrap last winter. Did not work. Didn’t even stay on. We tried the shrink wrap that goes on the outside of windows too, this also failed very quickly. May work in areas that don’t get snow like we do. The only ones that seem to work are the shrink wraps that go on the inside of windows. We buy them at Job Lot but they have the kits at Home Depot and Lowe’s as well.