Feeling Proud: My Repurposed Raised Herb Planters

+14
Dreaming of spring and gardening on this dreary cold day! I am new to gardening, but my favorite project so far has been my raised herb planters I made by up-cycling old drawers I found on the side of the road!
e raised herb planters, gardening
  • Marylynn Caruso Marylynn Caruso on Jan 26, 2017
    What a great idea! Did you make any drainage holes? If so how many/ what size?

• Megan Megan on Jan 27, 2017
      Thank you! I did drill drainage holes... I think I did 4 rows of 10. Before I plant in the spring, I am going to widen a few of them and then seal the inside with a Flex Seal type product so these last longer.

• Shannon Shannon on Jan 26, 2017
    They are adorable! Will you be lining the wood drawers with plastic and adding drainage holes? I hope you will consider posting a follow up with a picture once your herb garden is planted and producing. Very neat idea!

• See 2 previous
    • Shannon Shannon on Jan 30, 2017
      I've been wanting to make some raised herb beds for my deck, just off my kitchen. When I finally get around to making them, I'll be sure to include your gravel and screen tips. on a separate subject-- I see you are from Vegas. I've been there twice and really enjoyed it. We don't gamble or hang out at the casinos, but greatly enjoy the food and entertainment. During Christmas my husband rented a corvette z06 and we drove to
      Hoover dam, lake Meade and out to a park called ".....of fire" (can't remember the name.) it was a gorgeous drive! Not too chilly with the hood off for these North Dakota folks 😊

• William William on Jan 26, 2017
    That is creative! Cute and lovely! And they save the back =:)

• Jeannie Carle Jeannie Carle on Jan 27, 2017
    An adorable idea!

• Marylynn Caruso Marylynn Caruso on Jan 27, 2017
    i figured you would. You have inspired me to tackle this project! Yay! I think I'll lay landscape e barrier down so the dirt doesn't go through the holes but be careful with flex seal. I'm not sure what it's made of and I wouldn't want those chemicals leeching out into my veggies. In the past I have used treated lumber to make raised beds but I won't d that anymore and also won't do cinder block.

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 29, 2017
    I'm crazy about these!

• These are the sweetest things I have ever seen! Love the colors - so happy and cheery. Great job! Going to look awesome when your plants start growing. I also see this on a porch/patio/balcony with flowers and a trailing plant spilling over . . .

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jan 30, 2017
    These are lovely!!!

• Melinda Melinda on Jan 30, 2017
    Awesome, creative idea!

• Tiffany Love Smith Tiffany Love Smith on Jan 30, 2017
    Could use with companion plants that help each other...like Trailing Roses with Society Garlic...or Trailing Cherry Tomatoes, Sweet 100'S with Basil.

• Gardengraz Gardengraz on Feb 01, 2017
    Great idea! Filing that one away in my brain. Thank you.