Big White Goose
Big White Goose
  • Oregon City, OR

How to Cover Your Furniture With Aluminum Foil Chalk Paint®meets Lenny

Over the coming weeks here at Big White Goose I will be showing you how to cover your furniture and other amazing home decor ideas in Reynolds Wrap- aluminum foil also using Chalk Paint®decorative paint by Annie Sloan and enhancement products for pennies for a million dollar look. Check out my blog and video for more step by step information. Above all have fun.
Badly damaged sawn of side of desk covered in Reynolds Wrap -aluminum foil. Dark wax, and French gilded wax and top coat then applied.
see my blog www.bigwhitegoose.blogspot.com for step by step.
Badly damaged sawn of side of desk covered in Reynolds Wrap -aluminum foil. Dark wax, and French gilded wax and top coat then applied. see my blog www.bigwhitegoose.blogspot.com for step by step.
Reynolds Wrap- aluminum foil covered badly damaged piece of furniture. Handles also covered in French gilded wax.

• Renee

Where is the blog?

• Cheryl Frampton

Hi Renee, this tutorial is over 2 yrs old and we now have a new website just finished and our blog will follow shortly. All videos we have done so far can be seen on our youtube channel Big White Goose. If you have specific questions please let me know. All the best.

• Linda Sikut

@Big White Goose - I just went to youtube, found your channel and found the video about Lenny, but it's the same as the one in this article. (The quick video). I can't seem to find the one where you show the details. Would you mind posting the link here, please? Or should we watch the ones about putting it on a wall? I'd like a bit more of a description of exactly how to do it. :)

• Patricia

What do you do if the Reynolds Wrap isn't wide enough? Do you overlap the pieces to make smaller or larger wrapper sizing where needed?

• Big White Goose

You don't have to worry, I did a whole wall in it, just tear if off in smaller pieces and line up like wallpaper. The beauty of the aluminum is you can get the same effect even if you have smaller pieces or tips. Just overlap if need be. Thanks for asking.

• Patricia

Cool, thanks!

• Ernie

What is the name of the glue?

• Patricia Nadal

Where do I find the step by step? Awesome project!

• Linda Sikut

I have metal filing cabinets that need some kind of help. This process looks interesting and turned out beautiful! If I could do this on mine they would really brighten up my office. :)
    • Big White Goose

I love using Reynolds Wrap and you could do that on your metal cabinets or use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® its easy, you could use Paris Grey and go over that with Annie's new White Wax, that looks lovely. Just depends on what color or look you want, but find your nearest stockist and they will help you. Otherwise you can use the look in the video but you would need to make sure you do a good top coat if your using the cabinet alot.

• Linda Sikut

Thanks for your suggestions. :)