Snowy Pinecone Wreath

$6

Today I’m showing you my new wreath I made, or should I say made over for our side porch French Doors. I LOVE the way it turned out and it’s very different then my usual red and white décor. You have to see how this started out……are you ready?? I found this at a thrift store for $3.95….. but I knew it had great potential. Isn’t she a beauty??? Someone went crazy with the gold sparkly garland!! So I removed all that and underneath were some good pinecone bones. I shopped my house and found some things I knew would be perfect. I had these silver ornaments, wire ribbon with green trees on it, a K I had bought at Michaels a few weeks ago with a 40% off coupon for $2 and the silver bells I found at the $1 Store recently. I had cut felt leaves but later changed my mind and they didn’t make it on the wreath. So this cost me $6 to make. I took my white craft paint and with a brush I painted all the pinecone tips or edges with white paint and then dusted them with some coarse sea salt to look like snow. I used this technique that I did on some pinecones for the wreath on the front door too. Then I took my wired ribbon and tied a pretty bow. You don’t have to paint like Picasso either. It literally took me under 1/2 hour to paint the tips of all those pinecones. I wiped the brush off and did some dry brushing too. I am just loving the snow tipped edges of the pinecones!!! LOVE it. Here is our side porch and the French doors off our Dining Room. Once in a while we sit out here and have coffee and or hot chocolate. It steps down to the driveway. The more I sat here and admired my new wreath, something was missing. We really needed smaller wreaths for those small side windows right?? So I hopped in my car and drove to the Dollar Tree. I had an idea!! Lol…doesn’t every new project start out that way?? I found these at the Dollar Store. Now stay with me because I saw some potential here. I went through my ribbon stash and pulled out these pretty ribbons and some red velvet for just a hint of color. I layed one wreath on top of the other and with my hot glue gun glued it in a few places. I spread out the branches to make them prettier. I then glued silver on top of the red velvet and looped it through the wreath and glued it together and cut the tails. I then tied a bow with the wire and green tree ribbon and glued it on. That’s it. Super easy wreaths for $2 each. I love them for cute outside wreaths and they go perfectly with the big one in the center!!! What do you think?? Here it is all lit up at night. So I hope you liked our Snowy Pinecone Wreath and smaller Dollar Store Wreaths for our French Doors. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa
how to make a snowy pinecone wreath, seasonal holiday d cor

ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll

• Jamala W

thanks yes I know where one is.. And happy holidays to you too

• Tammy Deering

Love this.I want to start making wreaths and couldn't be more excited.