Any advice for getting dried nail polish dribbles out of the carpet?

+5
Thanks, Hometalkers!
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 29, 2017
    Its do-able! All hope is not lost here are some great tips: http://www.hometalk.com/18989790/q-nail-polish-vs-carpet?expand_all_questions=1
    Good luck!!!

Nail polish vs. carpet

• Jeannie Jeannie on Feb 03, 2017
      Hi! I actually did spill some very deep red nail polish on my brand new beige carpet...I got an old towel and a bottle of nail polish remover and soaked and dabbed and it did come all out!! It just takes time and lots of dabbing!! GOOD LUCK!!
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 29, 2017
    www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-nail-polish-from-carpet/
  • Lml10444845 Lml10444845 on Jan 30, 2017
    shave them off with a cheap razor

• Pat Pat on Feb 03, 2017
    Did the same on my carpet and used nail polish remover to blot it up. Worked like a dream. Should probably check to see if your carpet is colorfast before using nail polish remover.
  • B. Enne B. Enne on Feb 04, 2017
    rubbing alcohol--high percentage

• Mary Mary on Feb 04, 2017
    acetone is nail polish remover and both work. Try either one in a hidden corner first. Some carpet is plastic based and these can melt them. Goo gone painter helper is really good. It is gentle to skin but needs to sit on it for a few hours.
  • Louise James Louise James on Feb 05, 2017
    If the drips are sitting near the top of the carpet fibers, you can carefully snip them off with a pair of tiny scissors