Feeling Proud: My Scarecrow!

+13
Collected artificial plants. Hot glued the leaves onto fabric then draped around an old dress form. She is attached to a metal fence post. Her head is a dollar store bucket, painted with Permanent markers.
e scarecrow
Artificial flowers and plants get a new life. It's now winter and she is still looking pretty good, the glue gun glue let go in a few spots.
Because she is tied sturdily to a metal fence post. Could't pull it out of the ground, so it became her place to stand.
e scarecrow
Her head is a bucket
e scarecrow
e scarecrow
Last years outfit.
e scarecrow
Bucket

Anyone else ever made a scarecrow?!
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jan 28, 2017
    I love this! This is the scarecrow with the most personality I've seen :D Thanks for sharing!

• Mira Murphy Mira Murphy on Jan 28, 2017
    Soo cute and precious, sorry dear, I don't believe she'll scare anything away!

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 29, 2017
    She's so fun!!! I love your vision!

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Jan 29, 2017
    What a hoot! I love her! Nothing like a sassy lady to spice things up in your yard!

• This has to be the cutest, prettiest scarecrow I have ever seen! What are you going to name her? 😎

• Inetia Inetia on Jan 30, 2017
    Such a cute creation. Love it!

• 861650 861650 on Jan 31, 2017
    How fun is this, I say! Love your idea which gives me more ideas! You just gotta make a sign like in cartoons with her making a statement! And get your glue gun back out...don't show her unmentionables! LOL! LOL!

• 861650 861650 on Feb 01, 2017
    I hear you! Have repurposed many cigar boxes that I just give them away, but I have an idea for you. Why not make three or four different styles of scarecrows. Place them in your front yard with a cute, "for sell" sign with all pertinent info including "speciality orders accepted." This may not appeal to you but after looking at your scarecrow several times the idea just popped in to my head. LOL!

• See 1 previous
    • Kandy Scott Kandy Scott on Feb 02, 2017
      Thank you. I searched hometalk for some different armature and found some good ones will use. I live in a retirement park and these might go well. OR I have friends in neighborhoods. I saw, Pinterest or hometalk, where a women scarecrow is pushing a man scarecrow in a wheelbarrow. So funny. Will do that. Have some old rusty wheelbarrows. Thanks for the encouragement.

• 861650 861650 on Feb 02, 2017
    Love the wheelbarrow idea! Now, you know there must be many other scarecrow ideas out there. Just now, I googled, "scarecrow ideas" and found hundreds of them and I was so laughing! You are going to love it.

• Kandy Scott Kandy Scott on Feb 03, 2017
    love to google Thanks