Some Painting Tips for a Beginner!

+4
When it comes to painting, patience is essential. Don't be in a rush and anticipate it taking longer than expected. My tips for success are 1) good paint brushes are very important. Don't be cheap. 2) Taking the time to tape off areas that you don't want to be painted will make the finished job look professional 3) Test shades of the color you wish to paint on the walls first to ensure you picked the right color. Sometimes the paint in the can doesn't necessarily translate well on a wall. 4) Good music to listen to is paramount!
  • Mary Insana Mary Insana on Jan 29, 2017
    My dad was a painter and one of the best tips he ever gave me was to use an angled brush. You can load the brush with paint and go close to the ceiling and baseboards without taping. I never tape near the ceiling, around doors or along the top of baseboards using this technique. Instead of washing your brush out every night if you red going back to the same room to paint, place the brush in a plastic bad, plastic wrap or even aluminum foil and put in the refrigerator. Sometimes I just lay in the counter and don't refrigerate.
    • B. Enne B. Enne on Jan 30, 2017
      I stopped putting it in the fridge or freezer when the smell was affecting foods. I have wrapped roller and brushes with a plastic bag and come back to them more than a week later (acrylic and latex paint). However, I usually try to use them within a day or two tops.
  • Linda Linda on Jan 29, 2017
    Also, apply a good layer of hand cream to any exposed skin....paint washes off easily!
  • B. Enne B. Enne on Jan 30, 2017
    Always good tips, thanks.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 30, 2017
    These are so helpful, I thought I'd be able to paint 2 rooms in one night no problem, I was sooo wrong. THank you for sharing!!
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jan 30, 2017
    Thank you for sharing these!
  • Rupesh Rupesh on Dec 31, 2018

Paint 1room so very good time for a new job and the first time in the history of the club