Painting Tips to Share!

+1
When I need to paint a room I do the 'before' work over a couple of days. I clean out the room of any furniture. I then do any taping necessary and fill in any cracks, holes etc. Once I have done that I lay out protector sheets on the floor. I set up my ladder, paint, brushes and any other item I may need. When that is all complete I start my painting. I find if you get the small things done first your painting seems to go faster. Hope this helps!

Theresa
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jan 30, 2017
    These are great tips, thank you for sharing! We recently painted and it helped a lot to not see it as a project that we needed to do in one day.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 31, 2017
    This certainly will make the job a lot less overwhelming, thank you!
  • Susan Bechamp Susan Bechamp on Feb 15, 2017
    Before taping the room, wash the walls and get rid of any dirt, grease and grime on the walls. This is also a great time to make any changes necessary to the function of the room. Such as: replacing or even adding more outlets, switching light switches for dimmers, replacing door/window trim or baseboards. Update ceiling light fixtures, even if it's just new bulbs. (warm white to cool white can really change your perception of a rooms color, so do this first before finalizing your paint color). When the painting is done, wash everything going back into the room.
  • Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Feb 15, 2017
    Thanks for all your tips!