Updating Dollar Store Frames With Paint

See how to update Cheap Picture Frames using a simple paint technique and make a Dollar Store Valentine’s Day craft with a FREE printable.
Would you pass by these little clothes pin frames? I couldn't!
I stumbled across these ADORABLE little clothespin picture frames at the Dollar Store the other day. I instantly fell in love with everything but the paint color (brown... ugh!!!). So I whipped up a quick Dollar Store craft to display some new Valentine’s Day printables that I designed for my blog readers!
I quickly updated these picture frames with chalk paint. Not counting dry time between coats, I think I spent maybe a total of 10 minutes on this project.
First, was a thin layer of light blue chalk paint. Be sure to let the first coat dry completely before moving on.
Then, using a dry brush technique, add a very thin layer of white chalk paint.
Not sure what I mean by dry brush? Dip the brush in paint and then tap off excess on another surface (like a paper towel). The idea is to paint the white, while letting the light blue poke through.
If you want to replicate this look, here are the exact paint colors that I used:
You can buy (affiliate link) this exact blue paint here and the white paint here.
I used my new frames to display a set of Valentine's Day printables.
Follow the link below to download the printable for yourself... They're free to download on my blog!

Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
The Crazy Craft Lady (Aimee)

• Cynthia
    Cynthia

I love these! will definitely makes these
  • Ms Tracey
    Ms Tracey

I have a box of wood picture frames of different colors with no glass.

Thanks for the GREAT idea!