GrandmasHouseDIY
GrandmasHouseDIY
  • Menahga, MN

Kitchen Organizing – a Hanging Basket That Has Changed My Life!

$20

After building my kitchen sink base to fit my antique cast enamel sink I thought I had all of my storage needs well in hand. Well, it just goes to show that you really never know until you live in it for awhile! As for general storage the shelves and wicker baskets I put beneath the sink do a great job for me but I needed something for my hand soap!

kitchen organizing a hanging basket that has changed my life, crafts, kitchen design, organizing

I headed over to Amazon and did some looking for an inexpensive little basket that would accommodate everything we needed without being intrusive.

I found this one and bought it immediately because I loved that the front of it was lower then the back. When it came though it felt like it needed something so I ran downstairs and grabbed some twine!

After some thought I simply wrapped the twine all around the top bar of the entire basket. Deciding not to attach it to the wall was a decision I made for several reasons and the biggest one being that I just didn’t want to drill through our back splash.

So, using the same twine and a couple of little hooks I instead simply hung the basket from the barn wood shelf we have above our sink. By attaching the twine to both the front and back it really is quite sturdy.

I finished the twine off with a couple of little bows and now have such a convenient place for my hand soap, my kitchen spray that I use every day ( check out the recipe here), my kitchen sponge and my potato scrubber!

I find it amazing how some of the smallest and simplest of projects can improve our day to day lives so much!

Just a little hanging basket and BOOM I love my sink again :)

GrandmasHouseDIY

• 62q10370829

What do you do when its wet so it doesn't run down the wall?

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi there, so far I always just make sure and wring out everything good before putting it up in the basket. My backsplash is actually plastic so its pretty much indestructible :)

• Denise

I need ideas on how the paint a fabric headboard please

• Linda Sikut

Denise, this question area is for this project. I'd suggest that you ask your question in the "Ask Question" section on the upper right hand side of the page. That is a general quest area and there are people there who can help you.