Tip: How to Paint Stripes in a Straight Line

+1
When you want to paint stripes, use a level to put up the painter's tape. Its best to have 2 people on the job- one holding the level and one putting up the painter's tape. One person can manage on their own but it takes a bit of juggling
t how to paint stripes in a straight line, how to
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 31, 2017
    I recently painted stripes in my bathroom, and you are so right! At first I tried to do it on my own, but very quickly realized that I needed a second pair of hands, thanks for sharing!
  • Tina Tina on Jan 31, 2017
    I have found that when I have to paint stripes by myself, I can use a carpenter's chalk line and it works wonders! And it just brushes away after I've got my tape up on the wall. I have also used a laser level that works great too!
  • Hummingbird Hummingbird on Jan 31, 2017
    Frog tape

• Joan Joan on Feb 01, 2017
    Once you have your paint tape on the walls before starting to paint your stripes, smooth the edge(s) with an old credit card to get a crisp, clean, fine edge line. Also, if you have textured walls, it could be a little bit difficult to get that crisp edge due to the "bumps" of the textured wall.