Tartan Pine Needle Sachets

Want to keep the fersh scent of Christmas trees with you all year long? Of course you do. Make fresh pine needle sachets for your drawers.I Used the fresh needles that dropped from my garland and some scraps of tartan that I've been saving.

These are a great gift idea too.
My finished pine needle sachets. Tie 3 of them together with a ribon for a perfect Christmas gift.
I saved the needles that fell from my garland as I was hanging it around the front door.
I've had this tartan scrap for years...so I gave it a good ironing before making 4 inch bags.
I sewed easy 4 inch bags leaving a 2 inch hole....
...So I could turn them inside out (all the seams on the inside).....
...and fill them with the frarant pine needles. I used a paper funnel to fill them.
Then a few small stitches by hand to close them up.
James@TheCavenderDiary

• Rachelle

How long does the scent last? Does it dissipate over time?
  • Van34177438

Yes, and I wonder if orange or clementine peels could be added with the pine needles and cloves... hmmmmmmmmmm :-)

• James@TheCavenderDiary

Cloves, nutmeg cinnamon or anise would all be excellent additions. I’d be hesitant to add citrus peels unless they were completely dry. Otherwise, they might mold.