How to not procrastinate...

+6
Make a list of to-dos, cross them off when done. Good feeling. It is a feeling of confidence. I can do it NOW. Get it done and show it off.
  • Gail Gail on Jan 31, 2017
    Does this really work

• Bmr7563506 Bmr7563506 on Jan 31, 2017
    It did for me many times. When my husband notices what I did sometimes he even offers to help. That is incentive enough.

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 01, 2017
    Good idea! I love the feeling of crossing off finished tasks. It gives you tangible satisfaction. Not too mention, if you look at your list and realize that nothing is crossed off , it scares you into starting

• Amy Smith Amy Smith on Feb 02, 2017
    It doesn't work for everyone. I have a list on my computer desktop where I can see it everyday. About 2 years ago I listed 5 projects to do. I recently completed one of them! I can't even shame myself to finish the rest.

• See 1 previous
    • Linda Linda on Feb 04, 2017
      Is the list a physical list or merely on your computer? That might make a difference. Also, try just writing your top three tasks, in order of importance. When those three are done, write out your next three most important tasks. It helps not to feel overwhelmed. Also, are your five projects time consuming tasks? If so, take the first and break it down into smaller steps. Write the steps out too, instead of just the completed task....eg. taping/patching walls/washing walls, etc. vs. "painting room".
      Hope these ideas help you!

• Pat Pat on Feb 02, 2017
    Good idea but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to get started.

• Amy Smith Amy Smith on Feb 04, 2017
    Thanks for the advice. I'll do it! I was talking to my son and he used the terms overwhelm and itemize. Great minds think alike!