Feeling Proud: Window Cornice!

+2
I wanted this to go over my bathroom window blind. I'm too tight to spend money so I thought I would make it;-)
e check out what i have been doing window cornice
From the beginning to the finished product!
Found everything I needed at the Restore except for the material. I took the saw, cut the board the same height of the board and nailed them down each side. I had some old foam that I covered the front of the board with and covered that with the material I had chosen. I wrapped it around the sides to cover the boards I had nailed in place and stapled it to the board that would be against the wall.
Sizing it up.
Tacking it into place.
Making sure everything is covered.
After folding everything to the back and securing it, this is the front.
I attached hooks onto the back and finished hanging it onto the curtain rod hooks that were already there.
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jan 31, 2017
    It looks awesome! Great job!!!

• William William on Jan 31, 2017
    Simple and effective! A beautiful look and a great job!

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 01, 2017
    Beautiful work, I love budget friendly ideas that look expensive. Thank you for sharing!

• Lynn Weingarden-Marston Lynn Weingarden-Marston on Feb 03, 2017
    Wonderful job! Love the fabric too! Nice choice. Just an idea. If you want the room to look a little bigger. Just move the cornice up towards the ceiling about 3-4 inches. It will make the room look taller. Great job!

• Lori Kelly Lori Kelly on Feb 03, 2017
      Thank you. I did not move it up because I hate putting holes in my walls. I chose to use what was already there. Thanks for your comment on the fabric. I loved it too!