Procrastination Tip: Your Lists Are Your "recipes"

+3
I'm a tad OCD......So I make lists of things to do. In order to get my projects done I gather all my materials and put them on the kitchen table. I can't stand to see it just sitting there, so I'll just get the job done to clear up and mess and mark it off my list of projects to complete. Also, I look at a project as a recipe. If you have all the ingredients at hand, it's easy to start and finish it.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 01, 2017
    I like of thinking about projects as recipes, thats a fabulous analogy, thank you!!!

• Ah! I do that too, how funny. And for me it has worked wonders, never forget to purchase anything and stuff gets done! My "system" has been brought into question many times, but who is prepared and organized???? ☺

• Jeanette S Jeanette S on Feb 02, 2017
    I have red accents in my kitchen so I have a 10" square red container much like a milk crate sitting on my island. When I make up my mind what I want to fix for dinner, I take it to the pantry and round up the ingredients and put them in that container...a can of this or that, onions, potatoes, garlic, seasonings. That way, I am not only sure I have everything I need, but I don't have to run around in the kitchen after I get started. It is a very settling thing to do.

• See 1 previous
    • Jeanette S Jeanette S on Feb 03, 2017
      I do the same thing! It is time to straighten up that mess! I am the one guilt of the mess. Part of the reason is that when I put 10-12 packs of meat in there at one time, I spread it around so it will freeze quicker and it just gets scattered!

• Geri Geri on Mar 03, 2017
    That's a great idea! I use a lot of post-it notes, one for each 'step' of a project, so I can change up the order of paint, repair, assembly, etc. so I don't do a lot of back-tracking. It is a lot like a recipe, though, to make sure you're doing things in the most efficient order ... thanks for all the great tips!!