Easiest Under the Sink Organizer Hack

If you have a mess under your kitchen sink cabinet, there’s no need to fret! I have a super easy and cheap solution, and all it takes is 15 minutes, a tension rod and some plastic baskets. Bonus: it only costs $10 so say goodbye to that mess!
Here’s how my messy cabinet looked when I started this project.
Not a pretty sight, right?
I started by pulling everything out from under my sink. Emptying the sink cabinets allowed me to sort everything easily and quickly, and to get a good look at the space I had to work with.
I decided to wedge in a tension rod, in order to create two "levels" for my cleaning supply storage. If you have a lot of bottles or baskets, you can even squeeze in two tension rods.
I slid all the larger items I don’t use as regularly to the back of the cabinet, and put the larger items I do use regularly (like garbage bags) in the front of them.

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

4 of 19 comments
  • Julie Green Julie Green on Oct 24, 2019

tension rods don't stay where u put them

• MaryEileen Hatch MaryEileen Hatch on Oct 31, 2019

They will with this one little trick. Take a couple of lids from milk cartons. Leave one whole cut one in half and anchor to the sides of cabinet. The tension rod with stayi in place.

• Sharon Huneycutt Harris Sharon Huneycutt Harris on Nov 25, 2019

We just moved into a new home and the previous owners had put in short towel racks in a closet in the laundry room. Several one under the other sort of like a ladder. They left some s hooks hanging on it. I finally got it. Now I hang brushes and spray bottles on the towel holders. Very handy. Made the inside corner of a closet very useful.

• Cheri Cheri on May 06, 2021

Do you have a picture of this that you could send to me?

Next