A Fun Shabby Glam Pineapple Console Table Makeover

I have a bit of a thing about pineapples, I love how the look and I think they are the king of fruits. Apparently, Pineapples are also welcoming motif. Therefore when I picked up a rather useful but boring console table at my local thrifty stall, for a bit of fun I decided to give it a pineapple themed makeover. I also went for the unusual combination of a shabby glam paint job. The glam is the gold paint bit and the shabby is the black chalk paint. The knobs I used were pretty glamourous too!
To achieve my gold/black chippy paint look, the first thing I did was to spray paint the edges of the console table with a gorgeous gold chrome spray paint. Click here if you want to see the paint I used
As I was going for a gold chippy look, I then covered the bits of gold painted I wanted to show through with vaseline.
I then painted the whole console table with a black chalk furniture paint.
When the chalk paint was dry I rubbed off the paint where painted over the vaseline to reveal the gold paint underneath.
To add more glam to the table and the pineapples. I used some pineapple stencils on the top and the sides of the table. Again using the gold chrome spray paint with the stencils. I bought my pineapple stencils very cheaply off eBay, amazon also sells pineapple stencils.
My sister had given me some rather cute pineapple knobs for Christmas but they were silver, so I just sprayed them with the gold paint and added them to the table. You should be able to find similar pineapple knobs online.
To complete my pineapple look I lined the 2 draws of the console table with pineapple wrapping paper. To finish off I covered the whole console table with a clear furniture wax to provide extra protection.
If you liked this you might want to check out my classy craft/cocktail cupboard upcycle here.

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Claire at Pillarboxblue