Old Pickle Jars Upcycled Into Pottery Barn Knockoffs

$1

Gallon size pickle jars get a new life in my Christmas decor this year. By adding some twine, pinecones, a little faux snow and a pillar candle to a large glass jar I was able to create a very simple, inexpensive Pottery Barn knockoff. They are just the perfect, rustic accents for our little log cabin.
Using twine I had on hand, I began wrapping it around the neck of a wide mouthed gallon size pickle jar. I glued it periodically with a hot glue gun as I wrapped it around the jar.
Two small pine cones were also hot glued onto each jar.
Next I added some epsom salt and a pillar candle into the bottom of the jar. Again, all items I already had on hand.
I have seven steps leading up to my front porch, so I made three matching jars to place on every other step.
A short walk in the woods provided me with pine sprigs and holly leaves to place under and around the jars to add that little extra.

21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Adina Johnson @ Simply Country Life