Weird Tip: Cleaning Permanent Marker Off the Wall!

+3
I use insect repellent - it really works!
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 02, 2017
    Really good to know, thanks! But I'm curious how you figured that one out???
  • Connie Connie on Feb 02, 2017
    30 years ago, 3 boys under 7, and one had just put red magic marker on my white wall. Lack of sleep, panic not sure what, but I reached into the cupboard and pulled the wrong can off the top shelf. Didn't think it would work, but it did. That's when I actually looked at what I'd used. Tired mom got lucky.
  • Helena braun Helena braun on Feb 02, 2017
    I know you found insect repellent worked but just in case you don't have it. Rubbing alcohol works too. Just rub it right out. That is for permanent marker. One time my daughter had a hot pink water based marker in the bathroom mixed it with water and flicked it all over the walls, the sink the shower everywhere. It was dry by the time I noticed. I used diluted bleach on that which worked great.
  • Linda Broer Reagan Linda Broer Reagan on Feb 02, 2017
    Rubbing alcohol works on hard surfaces so it might work there also.
  • Kda11597750 Kda11597750 on Feb 02, 2017
    good to read the alternate suggestions. Using insecticide would be my least favorite option . . . .