How do I clean the green mould growing on my patio?

+6
My back garden is mainly patio because trying to keep a lawn was a nightmare! It would be wet, muddy and mossy! I need something that won't harm my little dog's paws. I am on a water meter so please don't say 'jet-wash.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 02, 2017
    Try making a large mixture of white vinegar ,water,salt and dawn dish soap,liberally spray on the mold .
    mold and moss regardless are basically the same treatment. Pretty much created from excess moisture.
  • MN Mom MN Mom on Feb 02, 2017

Here is a great step-by-step for removal. They also recommend a product called Wet and Forget but I am not certain about using it around your pup. Double check the product ingredients to be sure it's safe to use with pets around.
    good luck!
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 03, 2017
    I agree with Janet, vinegar and salt and dish soap will do the trick and not hurt you pets, repeat generously until the problem is gone. Good luck!
  • Denise Wynne Denise Wynne on Feb 03, 2017
    Thank you all for your help. I will buy all the products required but I do not know what Dawn Dish Soap is (I live in U.K.). I have bottles of Liquid Concentrated Sugar Soap, hopefully that will work with the Vinegar? I will let you know in due course if it has worked. 😊
  • 2536922553 2536922553 on Feb 06, 2017
    Just wet the lable with vegetable oil (sunflower or olive) , wait some minutes
    and then brush and wash as usual. Regards from Siberia, Russia.
  • LYNN LYNN on Feb 06, 2017
    I used Vinegar and water and it has worked very well
  • ABR12234501 ABR12234501 on Feb 07, 2017
    Try bleach in a spray bottle. Let it sit & set. Come back an use water to wash away.