How to Paint a Buffalo Check Accent Wall

484K Views
I am so excited to share my version of a Buffalo check patterned accent wall with you that I can’t even wait for the entire nursery installation.
Time: 4 HoursCost: $75Difficulty: Easy
  • how to paint a buffalo check accent wall, home decor, how to, wall decor

The nursery design is by Katy Mimari, owner of Caden Lane and Nursery Couture, and will be revealed soon…but for now….I will share with you my wall! To be honest though….this wall is so versatile! I can see it as an accent wall in a bathroom, office, library or sitting room! I would love to do a black/white/gray version…..OR even better….a hot pink/coral/white version for a little girls room!!!

You will need to paint your entire wall a base color. I then began in the top left corner with a 12″ x 12″ piece of cardstock scrapbook paper (because we wanted the squares to be 12″ each….you can make them any size you want). I traced the square…and then moved it to the right along the ceiling line marking 12″ with it. I then moved down the left wall edge and marked 12″ with it again.

Using a handy laser level, I was able to tape out my lines. My full blog posts has tips for this and in general helps you paint perfect stripes.

Then paint the horizontal lines and paint and tape the vertical lines. Again, my blog will have some tips on how NOT TO RUIN your paint when doing these steps. I also have some ideas for using a 4th color to add depth.

It's lovely! I will be sending followers & fans photos of the FINAL Nursery. I just couldn't wait and had to show you this lovely plaid accent wall NOW! Please sign up for my weekly blog for MORE creative accent walls, nursery decor and DIY painting tips.

You can also find me on Facebook: @TraceysFancy and share your accent wall designs with me!! You'll also be able to catch me Live sharing other projects. I'd love to hear from you!!

Suggested materials for this project:

• Paint
  • Tape
  • Laser level
Tracey bellion

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!