Tip: Save money!Reduce..reuse and recycle!

+1
Tips on saving money is a question near and dear to my heart. And I think using what you have is a great way to save $$$
Somethings you just cant get around when you need it. IE: Carpet or appliances. Right now redoing our mobile home with little money and super pleased at my progress so far. Look around..do some research! You will be amazed at what you can recycle! Does anyone else constantly look around to see what they can recycle?!
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 05, 2017
    I love that, the fine line between hoarding and knowing how to use what you have to the best and furthest of its abilities. Thank you for sharing!!!
  • Liz Liz on Feb 15, 2017
    Jen, I agree with you totally! Please tell me some of the money saving things you are doing. Would love to hear them. You mentioned appliances. At our place in the mountains, everyone buys used, good quality appliances. Great money savings! Instead of carpet, we like the thick, sturdy sheet vinyl. Low maintenance.
  • Treasuredchaos.com Treasuredchaos.com on Feb 15, 2017
    I don't know where Hillela G. read of the line...but I know for a fact that line is fine! I personally call it the art of being poor...or not poor...but I would be poor if I bought new things/ supplies every little whipstitch! And man...when you rig something up and it works it feels SO much better than just going to the store! As far as carpet, you can get some really nice big pieces and finish out the edgings...I painted an old floor in my house for about $60 and love it! Used appliances seem to be the best option anymore. A new dryer with all the bells and whistles has so much to go wrong, but our $100/set we bought used 15 years ago is only what's needed, and my husband has been able to replace the washer pump, drum roller and a few other things himself...you can't do that with digital!
  • Nadine Nadine on Feb 17, 2017
    Same here. I feel the same way. Thanks to Hometalk, I now look at things not for what it is, but for what it could be. Possibilities are limited only to our imagination when we reuse and recycle.