Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Kara S.
Kara S.
  • Hometalk Team
  • Houston, TX

Toilet Paper Roll Wreath

$0

I know what you're thinking.... toilet paper rolls? Trust me, this is the cheapest, greenest, easiest wreath you'll ever make! Here's everything you'll need : toilet paper rolls (I used about 15) hot glue, a brown shopping bag and a bowl.
toilet paper roll wreath, bathroom ideas, crafts, wreaths
To begin, I measured 1/2 inch sections on each roll. I then cut them along the line making tiny circles.
I then cut a strip out of the middle of a paper grocery bag. Make sure not to cut down the sides so you are left with 1 unbroken circle.
You then accordion fold the paper to create a thin rope-like shape. Using a bowl for a form, hot glue the 2 sides together creating a circle.
Here is where the roll circles come in. You will now begin to hot glue the circles onto the paper bag form.
This is where you get creative. You can get crazy with your design or keep it simple. I decided to make mine look like strand of leaves.
This process is very time consuming and I'm not sure I have any finger prints left but so worth it in the end!
Once you're happy with the size of your wreath, simply lift it off your bowl and that's it!
I decided to embellish mine with tissue paper flowers for the spring but your possibilities are endless!
I love this on my apartment door. Not to mention that it's as light as a feather so when my door closes it doesn't swing or slam. I would only recommend this as in indoor wreath since it is made out of paper. I'm not sure if you sprayed it if it would withstand the elements but if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them!
toilet paper roll wreath
You can also spray paint the wreath to match your door or the season!

• Toilet Paper Rolls  (Recycled)
  • Hot Glue  (Michaels)
  • Paper Bag  (Whole Foods)

• Diena Cameron

Sandy, van you post a picture of your wreath ? It sounds beautiful, would really love to see it pls ???

• Mary

I love it!! Recycling at its finest!! 🎃

• G

I like it. But I didn't understand the accordian folding of the paper bag.