Toilet Paper Roll Wreath

$0

I know what you're thinking.... toilet paper rolls? Trust me, this is the cheapest, greenest, easiest wreath you'll ever make! Here's everything you'll need : toilet paper rolls (I used about 15) hot glue, a brown shopping bag and a bowl.
To begin, I measured 1/2 inch sections on each roll. I then cut them along the line making tiny circles.
I then cut a strip out of the middle of a paper grocery bag. Make sure not to cut down the sides so you are left with 1 unbroken circle.
You then accordion fold the paper to create a thin rope-like shape. Using a bowl for a form, hot glue the 2 sides together creating a circle.
Here is where the roll circles come in. You will now begin to hot glue the circles onto the paper bag form.
This is where you get creative. You can get crazy with your design or keep it simple. I decided to make mine look like strand of leaves.
This process is very time consuming and I'm not sure I have any finger prints left but so worth it in the end!
Once you're happy with the size of your wreath, simply lift it off your bowl and that's it!
I decided to embellish mine with tissue paper flowers for the spring but your possibilities are endless!
I love this on my apartment door. Not to mention that it's as light as a feather so when my door closes it doesn't swing or slam. I would only recommend this as in indoor wreath since it is made out of paper. I'm not sure if you sprayed it if it would withstand the elements but if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them!
You can also spray paint the wreath to match your door or the season!
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Toilet Paper Rolls  (Recycled)
  • Hot Glue  (Michaels)
  • Paper Bag  (Whole Foods)

Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas

• Diena Cameron

Sandy, van you post a picture of your wreath ? It sounds beautiful, would really love to see it pls ???

• Mona

this is not a question just wanted to tell you what I use the toilet paper rolls for. I have a new male puppy and I put down a puppy pad then I take a toilet paper roll tape it the center of the pad he goes and hicks hes little leg and goes to the bathroom . Lot cheaper than buying those in the store.

Mona

• Gwen

How do you make a tissue paper flower?