Essential Oil Melts

$20

I don't know about you, but I'm riding the essential oil train. I got a diffuser for christmas, and now I'm hooked. I decided to venture further and experiment with melts. Melts are great alternatives to candles. They can be melted over a candle or a hot bulb. We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
To begin, you'll need 10oz of beeswax. I used pellets so they will melt faster. (You can buy them here.)
Next, measure out 1/4 cup of coconut oil into a mason jar. (I used this kind from Amazon.)This will act as your double boiler.
Bring your water to a boil to melt your ingredients together. Once they are totally melted, remove the jar from the stove.
Immediately begin pouring the wax into your molds. I used silicone chocolate molds (you can buy a similar one here), but you can use any mold you have that can withstand the heat. I also put a few into cupcake liners.
While they are still hot, add your essential oils. You could do this while the wax is still on the stove, but you would have to make the entire batch the same scent. I used about 10-15 drops per mold. You can add more for a stronger scent. (I love this beautiful essential oil set from Amazon.)
Once they are completely cool you can pop them out of the molds.
That's all there is to it! I completely fell in love with the project. The excitement I get over concocting my own scents and mixing them is awesome. I also love the floral shapes I made. You could really get crafty and use these for gifts for birthdays or holidays.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own

• Anne Boone Simanski
    Anne Boone Simanski

So cute! But I have a dumb question. What do you melt it on? I can't see plopping this on a light bulb.

• Kim Sparks
      Kim Sparks

In a scentsy type plug in wax diffuser, walmart sells inexpensive ones..other stores may also

• Kim Sparks
    Kim Sparks

How many(and I know it depends on the size molds) would this initial recipe make? Using molds like from Michaels crafts..

• RW Croslin
    RW Croslin

Do you have instructions for home made bath salts

• Kate
    Kate

Also check to make sure all are safe for pets.

• Faith
    Faith

so cool gonna try this when i get everything