DIY Statement Planked Wall

$100
1 Day

Do you have a large wall that you want to make into a statement piece? Then this is the project for you. It's easy, inexpensive and brings the wow factor to the room. My brother wanted a pop of color and a statement piece in his living room, so he and my nephews put up this planked wall in about a day!
Here is what the wall looked like before. Although pretty, pretty boring and doesn't have the wow factor that they were looking for (if you ever saw his house, you would know that he really likes the wow factor, it's amazing!).
They painted several pieces of wood that were various colors and size. Then using a nail gun and starting at the top right corner, they nailed it to the wall.
They continued to do it until they had filled up the whole wall. They keep with the same sized planks with each row but were random with the colors and where they put them.
Isn't it so cool?! I love all the different colors and sizes, it really adds character to the the house. I especially love the pop of purple in there! For more details on how to make this and what kind of wood they used, check out my blog post.

15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Kaysi Gardner

WOW, Amazing! It was boring and dark! Not much to speak of. Now it's bright, colorful, and makes a statement! Great job!

• Brenda S.

This is amazing! Such a great transformation :)