DIY With Caitlin
DIY With Caitlin
  • San Diego, CA

Upcycled Succulent Chair

Watch this cute succulent planter DIY project! This great succulent gardening DIY will bring color and fun to your patio or garden.
PS: Please subscribe to my Youtube channel! for more sweet DIY projects. (It totally makes me day) :D
upcycled succulent chair, flowers, gardening, succulents
I found this old wooden chair in an alley!
First we need to take off the seat. Flip the chair over and remove the screws from below the chair.
Remove the seat of the chair.
Cut a piece of plywood to fit the bottom of the chair. Make sure to cut out notches for the legs.
Attach the plywood bottom below the lip of the chair.
Make sure to screw pilot holes before drilling the plywood to the chair frame.
Paint your chair!
Paint your chair your favorite color. I thought this teal would really pop in my garden.
Add succulent soil and start to add your plants!
For tips on how to arrange and design you plants check out the video. PS: Please subscribe to my Youtube channel! for more sweet DIY projects. (It totally makes me day) :D
For more succulent tips, check out my other planter videos! :)
DIY With Caitlin

• Brenda

You don't need to drill some drainage holes in the bottom?

• Jacx

I would and add a piece of plastic screen to keep the dirt from falling thru. I might use Thompson Water Seal on the wood as it will rot over time! Especially as it looks like she use pine ply instead of redwood.

• Brenda

• Happenings of a Housewife

Super cute idea! I love it! I just see one problem. You have to water the plants. Over time, it will warp the wood. Did you line the seat with something to accommodate for this? What do you suggest?

• Kris

I did a similar project recently. I used marine grade varathane to protect the plywood from water. You have to be patient as it takes several days to cure. Works great though!

• Dawn French

I learned last yr DO NOT put them in full Sun. THEY CROAK.:(

• Suz Roberts

super cute! I love the funky vib of re-purposed. Sorry, I'm not gonna do all that work. I will just put some potted plants on the old chair seat , maybe use a jig saw to cut some circles on the chair seat to fit some terra cotta pots in. Love the turquoise blue color you chose.