Old Closet Completely Transformed!

Before I had my bedroom closet updated, I thought having a "walk-in" closet was the only way my husband and I could share a closet. Turned out, we just needed a more efficient storage solution. Our old closet was a typical "reach in" closet that you would see in older homes. Here's how it looked after we emptied all contents out. It was a sad state of affairs with that old, single closet rod.

I’ve always thought the small sections of wall that cover our closet to be such a waste of space. Enter the idea of tearing out our old closet and installing a custom armoire in its space! Thinking "outside of the closet" proved to be key in this major transformation, as demonstrated by our custom closet designer. We first removed the drywall of the front side of closet:

We cut out the old wood frame.

Then, we proceeded to patch up any spots that needed to be patched up. We also put up some dry wall, spackled, and then sanded.

Now, it's time for custom closet to be installed. From here, we left it to the custom closet installer (Closet Possible) to take over the rest of the makeover.

There was so much more efficient storage added from this makeover. We now have 4 hanging rods versus the 1 sad hanging rod that we had previously. This custom armoire is the next best thing to a "walk in" closet! :) Below is a photo of the full view of our new custom armoire! More photos HERE

Love makeovers and home projects? Please visit LINK HERE to subscribe to newsletter. For more info on this closet makeover, visit blog link below. Thanks.

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
Tee @ Beauteefulliving

• Bla

The idea and finished job are stunning but, there is no tutorial. Sorta missed the point.

• Gennel

I love this project. It looks like an old fashioned built-in from an older home. Just lovely. Beautiful. I love it.