Deb Foglia
Deb Foglia
  • Farmingdale, NJ

Book Page Magnolia Wreath

This project I have to say is not my own. This I posted to my blog about a month ago, that was from a friend of mine. She is more craft then me...and I knew my readers would love it. So, this all started with a some old book pages, and the idea to save money and still be able to have a Magnolia wreath in the home.
book page magnolia wreath, crafts, flowers, gardening, wreaths
Affordable products tot get this started...a donut, and some book pages. First, you are going to tea stain the book pages. Once pages have dried, wrap donut with book pages.
Next...create your leaves using a DIY template from card stock.
Glue "leaves" to wreath using hot glue in an organic pattern.
And then you have a magnolia wreath for cheap!
Deb Foglia

• Linda

What size is the foam ring, and how many leaves did you have to cut to achieve that look?

• Rosita Aldrich

It looks like about 75 leaves? Did you get a leaf shape and then trace? ...Love,Love the idea!! Great Job!

• Wouldn't this be an awesome gift for your child's school librarian?

• Sue Ramey Atkins

Books are meant to be enjoyed. Once you have read it and enjoyed that part of it, give it a second life as a wreath. Love this idea

• Dff11150295

Can you paint or spray on a product that will keep the leaves rigid?

• Jacx

I used a book w heavy paper. Never use an old Ace book, they want to fall apart! They were made w very cheap paper w a very high acid content. So far it's fine.

• Angela Lacy

Love ❤️ it!

• Pat whitmus

hmmm, ok...at Home Depot and Lowes I can get heavy duty brown paper for painters...once it spray painted any color I choose I can cut the leaf shape and use it the same way as the book pages and it will be very sturdy! Wonderful idea! Thank you so much for sharing!