Who Inspires Me to Do a Project? You Do!!!

+10
Well I'm single and absolutely love it! However a few years back I adopted to rescue cats. My male is named 'Scarface' and if I don't finish a project he claims to "say hello to my little friend" as he is holding an AR-15. Then there is my sweet little 'Gemma' who I named after the mom in Sons of Anarchy. This Sweet Little gem is actually quite bossy. Sometimes I'll catch her looking at a wall behind me and I'll slowly turn around and look and there's nothing there! I believe it's her way of saying that is such a boring wall or ugly bookshelf or OMG...organize that closet!
But most of all I get my ideas from the folks here on hometalk! I am addicted. I'm rarely on Facebook anymore because I'd much rather spend my time planning my next project and getting my ideas from hometalk.
e who inspires me to do a project
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 09, 2017
    I love your cat-fan team!!  And I totally agree with you, I'm also inspired every single day by the Hometalk community!! Everyone's amazing ideas, and unique vision. Thank you for sharing!!!

• See 3 previous
    • Lynn Lynn on Feb 19, 2017
      People who spray grafitti.

• Devra Devra on Feb 10, 2017
    Cute family!!!!!!!!!

• Eileen B. Eileen B. on Feb 12, 2017
    The Hometalk Team inspires me to try something new, sometimes it works out and other times it doesn't but if not for the Hometalk Team I would never have tried anything new

• Dfm Dfm on Feb 14, 2017
    when i first glanced at your cat's pic....the thought in my mind was how did you get a pic of tess and maverick? I had a pair of cats that are "ringers" for yours. tess passed after 12 yrs, maverick after 20.

I to am addicted to this site, lots of good tips from those who have conquered a few of the same issues i've been facing in this 50's fixer.

• Crao1960 Crao1960 on Feb 18, 2017
      Wow 20 years owning a cat! This is my first time having felines. I've always been a dog person. I recently found out that my Gemma is blind and it just occurred within the past 3 weeks. There were no signs or anything to alert me of it happening. I won't be able to take her to the vet for another week. I'm just beside myself for not being aware of it.

• Dfm Dfm on Feb 18, 2017
    cats are very good at hiding illness, they are the original tough guys. as long as she has a friendly cat companion, and you don't change/ move furniture weekly she will learn how to traverse the terrain. cats scent mark certain objects by rubbing their face on them. good luck at the vets!

• Crao1960 Crao1960 on Feb 18, 2017
    Dfm, thanks for trying to make my guilt lighter. When I realized she was blind, I was staying at my friend's until my new apartment was ready to move into, so Gemma has never seen her new home. Talk about adjustments..... I have read up about blind cats and read that they can live long lives. This comforted me so much. It's been 4 wks now and she seems to be adjusting. She knows where the litter box,food/water is. The liter box is in my bedroom and I want to move it even though I empty it twice a day..... Yes I really do. I'm concerned that she now sleeps all the time and only comes out to eat, poop, drink and then back to her safe place under a night stand. She use to be such a playful cat until we moved into my friend's place for 3 weeks until my apt was ready. I believe she was bullied by his cat and also one night they both mysteriously got out for over 9 hours until I pulled up in driveway and they greeted me. They have NEVER been outside before.I thank God they were both OK. Maybe this 'lil adventure' was when she started to bump into walls, but again I hadn't noticed because she was hiding the entire 3 weeks from the bully cat. Can stress cause blindness? I hope she can be treated. She is definitely a trooper and still remains sweet and when I come home from work she greets me but I'm sure it's cuz she knows it 'wet food' time. At one point I thought of putting her down but when I read that cats can adjust to blindness I was so relieved and cannot believe that terrible thought actually entered my mind. Shame on me. Thanks for listening/reading.

• Sherrie Slaboda Sherrie Slaboda on Feb 18, 2017
      I can only tell you what happened to my 10 year old baby dog. I noticed he was having trouble seeing. I took him to a well known clinic and they suggested catarac surgery. It didn't go right so they kept adding drugs and more drugs until he got a blood disorder and chemo that killed him. I should have let him adjust to the lesser eyesight. Don't make the same mistake I did. I learned the worst way.

• Crao1960 Crao1960 on Feb 18, 2017
    What a tradgedy. I'm truly sorry for the loss of your 10 year old baby dog, and then a well known clinic responsible for his demise. To think that we put our loved ones in their hands.
    I actually fear taking her to the vet, for two reasons and misdiagnose is one as well as the cost. I've researched on what could be wrong but also blindness is not a reason to put down. I'm definitely rethinking the visit and just wait until her shots are due.
    Thank you for listening and again I'm so very sorry to hear about your pet.
    Christina