Our Farmhouse Laundry Room - Tiling and Organizing

1 Material
$25

As a family of 6 we have a lot of laundry! Because I spend so much time in our laundry room I wanted to make it a little prettier and more organized.

Our laundry room was the first DIY project that we tackled when we bought our century old farmhouse a few years ago. It was in terrible shape when we moved in and we quickly gutted it before moving on to other rooms.

When we finished the room one thing I had wished I had done was added tile to the sink backsplash. Our old plaster walls were really bumpy and I was looking for a way to hide them. Thankfully, since my husband had leveled our the sink and carrara marble counters I did not have to worry about the tiles not being level.

I first painted the wood shelf and trim a semi gloss white around where the tile was going to go and mixed up the thin set to add to the back of the tiles.

After buttering the back of the tiles I stuck them to the wall.

I used spacers in between each tile and added them in a running bond pattern. After the tiles were dry I added white grout in between the cracks.

I couldn't be happier with how the tile turned out that I organized the rest of the room :). Stop by to see our whole laundry room and check out the rest of the changes we made to this room in the link below.

• Tile  (lowes)

Tara @ Lehman Lane