DIY Support- My Wife Allows Me to Be a Mad Scientist

+6
My wife is the main support for DIY for me, as it is only the 2 of us in NZ (the kids are grown up and didn't emigrate with us)
I make a lot of things from recycled/upcycled materials, and apart from the occasional rolling of the eyes and "what has he brought home this time" she allows me to potter away in the Mad Scientists shed and also never complains when I buy tools as she says "at least I always use them, and it is easy to buy for me at xmas birthdays etc"
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 09, 2017
    I love that!!!"Mad scientist" is quite the compliment!!! Thank you for sharing your story

• Debbie Debbie on Feb 11, 2017
    That's cute ... you are to funny

• Janet Janet on Jul 09, 2017
    I saw your comment on the little shed and ask for plans. I can draw them up for you. I do design work and am interested in designing something like that. Just send me the info for your sizes and what you would like to include in it. I will draw it up and send it to you. Thanks

• Stephen Taylor Stephen Taylor on Jul 09, 2017
      Thank you, that is very kind, I would like to go for similar dimensions to Johns (12 feet x 10 feet and 14 ft height) as I think those dimensions look "right" They also fall within regulations for max "footprint" in NZ, I could probably work it all out myself if I had the patience ;-) as he has included some decent photos. I would, like him, mainly use recycled materials as I hate the amount of building waste that is discarded in local developments!
      My email is Buck2217@hotmail.co.uk

• Stephen Stephen on Jun 16, 2019

All my life people said my name wrong. Glad to meet you

Stephen Tyler

• Karen Karen on Jan 16, 2021

I would love some of the napkin rings you made, do you ever make and sell?