DIY LOVE LETTER LAMP

With a little thrift store luck, I found this lamp for $7 and the shade for $2 – so grand total of $9 on both pieces. So... let’s turn it into the Pottery Barn inspired Love Letter Lamp.
This is what she looked like, fresh from the thrift store...
Start by giving the lamp a few coats of spray paint Let it completely dry (at least 24 hours), then distress it a tiny bit with fine grit sand paper.
Next coat the base with some glaze (I prefer Ralph Lauren glaze in any tan shade). Lightly wipe off the glaze with a cotton cloth, using a circle motion. Take off small bits at a time, leaving behind enough to give you the level of distressing you prefer. If you want more, then use another layer. Let the entire thing dry overnight.
Translate your favorite phrase (mine is from a love note my husband wrote me years ago, hence why I’m calling it the Love Letter Lamp), and print it off, I used this font at 175 point.
Here she is...isn't she lovely?
Head over to my blog to get the rest of my easy steps to create this love letter lamp, http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/love-letter-lamp-tutorial.html

Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Gina @ The Shabby Creek Cottage