Hometalk Heals the Hurt!

+7
I don't have a favorite DIY project or person. I LOVE Hometalk in general. I've been accused (by a family member) of being a hoarder. Using hometalk I was able to show my family member how a lot of "the stuff" in what she calls my junk-room is not really junk. I told her before I toss anything in the exchange pile I check hometalk to find an upcycle for it. Why just this morning I found a use for the hundreds of old keys I have. I'll be applying that this weekend. I'll post pictures. After having the discussion with her, she texted me to ask for the name of "the DIY website." Now how funny is that? It healed the hurt from her calling me a hoarder.
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 10, 2017
    I love that! Isnt it great to find like minded-DIYers? Go you!!!

• Jeannie Carle Jeannie Carle on Feb 10, 2017
    My son calls ME a "hoarder" - wellll, most of that "stuff" is gonna turn into something pretty or useful! Yeah - someone just threw away a Vodka Absolut bottle - yeah - I washed it out - yeah - it's on a shelf in the "stash room" LOL - I KNOW I saw something really cool made with a pretty bottle and I WILL find it again - I think it had something to do with fairy lights, which I love.
    His attitude is what's gonna push me to really get with it and MAKE stuff, whether he realizes it or not LOL

• Do not fret, several people have called me a hoarder, AND, who always has the solution for anyone's project, dilemma, problem? Me, that's who. I call it "being prepared" like any good Girl Scout, Boy Scout, Campfire Girl, etc. And the stuff I do not have room for or do not have time for, I donate or offer to my neighbors via Nextdoor. Just do what makes you happy! Can't wait to see your project. ☺

• Libby Libby on Feb 11, 2017
    Preach it, Sister!
    Sounds like we all come from the same kind of family experience... and sound awfully alike!
    Hmmm...

• Melinda Loza Melinda Loza on Feb 13, 2017
    LOL! My family say's one more skein of yarn and I'm officially a hoarder! But, whenever they need something made, guess where they come. They're always amazed by how fast I get it done. That's because I, usually, already have the supplies needed for their project. My husband calls my sewing room my
    "Farts & Craps" room.

• Dfm Dfm on Feb 14, 2017
    there is a difference between having a "stash" and being a hoarder. if you can willingly part with an item- give away, drop off at charity shop i doubt you hoard. you've got a nice stash. if the thought of having a an item leave the house throws you into a panic- you are a hoarder. all my mom's sibling hoard, as does my mom. the only time i've see the house unclutered was when lighting struck the house and started a fire.

• Forestine Jackson Forestine Jackson on Feb 14, 2017
      Wow! So sorry DFM if that happened to your family. I can easily part with stuff; in fact, my friend came over on last night and I gave her 4 boxes of goods that she will quickly upcycle into something beautiful. Glad to know that I don't meet those points that qualify me as a hoarder. Thanks.