Thank you to this community of encouragement!

+20
The Hometalk team recently asked the question of who offers encouragement in the journey of a DIY-er. I gave it some thought and realized so many people have and continue to encourage me as I pursue running a small business. First and foremost is my husband who helps me haul furniture. He's not a fan of painted furniture, but he never bats an eye when I start applying paint (except when it's pink -- I've noticed he rolls his eyes at pink.) One of my daughters joins me at hunting for "treasures" at thrift stores and we have a blast! She lives out of town, but keeps her eye out for projects for me in her area.

It can be lonely in the social media world trying to get noticed. As a blog writer, some days I wonder if anyone even sees my posts! But my mom now comments on every post and offers words of encouragement (it took her a while to figure out how to post a comment!).

Lastly, I have found a tremendous amount of encouragement from new friends on G+, Facebook, Pinterest, and even more so here at Hometalk. It's a tremendous boost when someone comments or shares a project that I post, and it makes me feel connected to a larger community.
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Feb 11, 2017
    This made me so happy - thank you for sharing!

• Jamie Boyce Jamie Boyce on Feb 12, 2017
    If you do something you love, you will never 'work' a day in your life. Keep on with the positive attitude, it will take you further than any road. Best wishes for your success!

• See 3 previous
    • Joanie Joanie on Feb 17, 2017
      Thank You!! ;))

• Marj MRC Creations Marj MRC Creations on Feb 12, 2017
    I love the inspiration and encouragement I find here at Hometalk, too. Isn't it great? :) It's always nice to get some recognition from our friends and family, as well as any artist community. What is the link to your blog, Patricia? That way, we can go read it. :)

• Cheryl Dixon Cheryl Dixon on Feb 12, 2017
    My kids and hubby make my head swell by thinking I can fix/clean anything! It makes me happy to share with others, especially since so much of what I know and use was passed down by my grandmother! Even my mom once asked how I knew how to do something. When I told her, she was amazed! She'd never questioned how her mother-in-law had done things.

• Patricia Patricia on Feb 12, 2017
      Ah you were so wise to pay attention to your grandmother and learn from her. I wish I had been able to spend more time with my grandparents. I hope your kids are paying attention and learning from you Cheryl!

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 13, 2017
     I agree, I have never felt the support and encouragement like I have from fellow Hometalkers!!! We love having you here!!!

• Carol Clark Carol Clark on Feb 15, 2017
    I'm a 73 yr old recent widow and hometalk has reminded me that I can DO THINGS AGAIN. For years I have ignored my artsy side and after reading your blogs and posts I am inspired. I'm new to hometalk but now its the first thing I look at in the am and the last thing at night. I've discovered chalk paint and reupholstered dining room chairs. So thank you hometalk for reawakening the spirit that was long put aside.

• Patricia Patricia on Feb 15, 2017
      I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Carol. But it was lovely to hear that you are getting back in touch with your creative side. I love looking through the posts and discussions on Hometalk. There is so much inspiration and support from the community.

• So happy so many people are enjoying this site... I have that is for sure... it connects you to so many nice people with so many ideas that we would otherwise never get... Thanks Hometalk

• Treasuredchaos.com Treasuredchaos.com on Feb 15, 2017
    I've been thinking of letting my blog go, and my mom does NOT want me to do that...she offered to pay my upcoming yearly fees/monthly fees and wouldn't let it go...the other day she was up for a visit and i brought her to hometalk. I told her that if the site couldn't pay it's own way, if all I was after was the joy of sharing and feedback...i get so much more of that for free from hometalk than my slowly growing site....(not that I don't love to hear from everyone either place, but hometalkers are just really good about commenting!) It makes all the difference to let us know that the posts were read, not just clicked on!!!! Anyway, most of my traffic boosts to my site have began here, and I'll continue to post!

• Patricia Patricia on Feb 15, 2017
      Keep posting your projects Treasurechaos! It will help boost your blog traffic over time. But I know what you mean about the time and money it costs to keep a blog running, some days it doesn't seem worth the effort, but then you get a comment that inspires you to keep going.

• Joanie Joanie on Feb 17, 2017
    I love this site and every mornin' , with my cup of Joe, I am on and lookin', listenin', readin' and writin' things down AND commenting!! A+ for everyone on here!
    Have a crafty weekend, Weekend warriors....;))

• Donna Aikins Donna Aikins on Jun 14, 2019

Where can I get the big green graphic flower wallpaper its behind the green chest of drawers. Love it.

• Tionna Tionna on Jun 29, 2019

I have never watched a DIY project ad exciting as your. I love working with wood