Pam
Pam
  • Tifton, GA

Small Space Laundry Utility Room Make Over After Photos

trying to utilize every ounce of space in a small house is something I find my self constantly doing, baskets, baskets,found items re used ,I didn't get a before picture of this utility laundry room before believe me it was ugly ,I can't seem to remember to take before pics maybe next project, I have allot of after projects to post later
Cheap Large jar from Walmart for washing powder
Left over paint from bathroom discount store baskets @ jars,light from bedroom that was replaced with ceiling fan
I drew a pattern on a pine board ,my husband cut it out with a jig saw ,I painted it black he screwed the boars to wall making sure to screw into studs to make it sturdy for my heavy iron pots and pans
A can covered in natural twine for extra utensils ,a shelf above the hot water heater holds my blender,a vintage tea container holds nails and screws,the flea market find metal basket I used for hammers screwdrivers ext. hook to reach
Old grapes box for cake deco supplies ,bone basket for pet meds
Big pots!
Big pots!

• Monique

How are you bracketing the lowest shelf that doesn't attach to anything on one end? I have a similar small space and would love to have a lower shelf like that.

• B. Enne

If you don't mind me answering...It looks to me like there is trim under the entire length and width of the 1st shelf, so maybe that is the case with the other 2 as well. I have a similar set up in my linen closet with wire shelves. I had a short piece left over, and decided to use it as an extra half shelf, so I could put taller items on the one below it. I used a triangle-shaped bracket so that the front corner didn't bow... similar to this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-12-in-x-8-in-White-Heavy-Duty-Shelf-Bracket-14827/202895662

• Bernadette Tetle

This is beyond beautiful. I have a friend who has big storage issues and a small laundry room. I forwarded this post to her and I hope to help her create this space in her home. If it is just fabulous....

• Pam

@Bernadette Tetle Thank you so much ,I hope some of my ideas help your friend.

• PaulChau

Small areas always look better if there are more storage options against the world and in overhead areas. It's the best way to really go about to maximise what you have at home. You can probably also look at building a storage shed or renting out a storage unit if you're really running out of space to stash things though!