Michelle James
Michelle James
  • Emmetsburg, IA

I Gave My Outdated Lamps A New Patina Look

$10.00

I picked up some lamps for $5 each at the thrift store. They were the perfect choice when I needed a project for my Modern Masters Patina Kit. Keep reading to see how easy this was...or is!

i gave my outdated lamps a new patina look, lighting, painting

These were the two brass lamps I picked up. I wanted them to be about the same height but different in shape. I am not sure why this thrift store has to put so many labels and stickers on each product but they do. I removed the stickers and cleaned off the lamps really well.

Modern Masters supplied me with a kit in exchange for my blog post but you can find the exact (affiliate link) Green Patina Kit here.

There are three easy steps to the entire process.

The first step is the primer. You brush this on, let it dry then apply a second coat. The second coat needs to dry for 12 hours

When the 12 hours is up you apply the copper paint. Let this first coat dry for about 30 minutes then apply a second coat.

While the second coat is still wet spray the Patina Spray and watch it do it's magic.

This is the patina just starting to turn. It is a chemical reaction with the copper paint the provides this, very natural looking patina in just minutes. It is so amazing to watch.

This is how they turned out when I was done.

I just love them. I have since moved them into our guest bedroom and they are perfect in there.

If you are looking for a fun and different project you should definitely try this. I is perfect for an old pair of lamps that need a pick me up!

If you like this project please stop over to the blog for more fun DIY home decor and crafts. And you can sign up for my email/newsletter too. I comes out every five days so you don't get bombarded but you don't miss a post.

Happy DIY-ing!
Michelle

Michelle James

• Ecb Hamaker

Was one kit enough to cover two lamps? Love how it turned out.👌

• Pamela

Love, love your lamps! How cool is that product!! I would want a tad less of the patina. Can that be controlled?

• Angi

Question semi-related lol:

That's neat that they asked you to sample their product for a blog. How did you get into that deal? Did you already blog and they reached out for you for this specifically?

• Michelle James

Sometimes that is how it happens but for this case there was a group of about 6 bloggers and we reached out to them. They agreed to give us product in exchange for our blog posts. It is nice to get free product. Product and payment is very common as well. I hope I answered your question.