MAKE THIS: WIRE BASKET SIDE TABLE

Making a side table without power tools sounds kinda crazy, right? This project takes zero power tools, less than 30 minutes of hands on work and is super simple. And bonus – it’s a piece that we still use every single day. Want to make your own side table? It only take a few supplies (and I bet you already have some of them on hand!)
make this wire basket side table, crafts, painted furniture
I picked up this basket at a yard sale for $3 – I’m not sure if it was supposed to be a trash can or a laundry hamper… but in my hands it became a side table.

First I gave the basket a couple of coats spray paint...Aqua of coarse
Using an 18 inch round wood panel, I stained it with Minwax® Express Color in Walnut – I love this stuff because it’s easy to clean up if you make a mess. After it dried a few hours, I sealed it.

After both the top and the basket were dry, I used cable staples to attach the basket to the top.
Here is how it turned out....super easy, quick and cute!! Come on over and see the rest, http://www.theshabbycreekcottage.com/wire-basket-side-table.html
Gina @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

• LuAnn Billings Williams

The metal legs of my glass topped outdoor patio table were broken, but the round tabletop is still fine and I’d like to keep it. I would like some suggestions on what to use as legs that will keep the table at dining height. Thanks!

• Edie Zsuzsics

Try 4" PVC pipe. Turn the table upside down, Slip PVC pipe over the broken legs, Fill the pipe with quickcrete and let it dry. Turn the table right side up. A bit heavy but certainly stable. You could also paint the pvc legs in a bright cheery color if you wanted to.

• Pervaiz Ismail

Can I use this basket to protect my tiny plants against birds and hens etc.?

• Mars

That is really not a relevant question.Doesn't have anything to do with making the table.

But, depending on how little the holes are in your basket would depend if an animal could get in between the wires.

• Puppymom

Where did you purchase your wire trash can?

• Debra

I seen on another post they place two wire baskets on top of each other used a pizza tray for the top made plant stands ! I love your idea here as a table very nice 👍