Mounted Mason Jar Spice Storage

$17

I'm not sure about y'all, but with a lot of my spices, I buy in bulk because I go through them so fast (specifically Italian spices such as Oregano, Parsley, Basil and Garlic, because my husband is Italian and let's face it, when you live in NY, you make and eat a lot of Italian food!). The big, bulky spice containers that I get from the grocery store and Costco take up too much room in my spice cabinet, so I decided to try my hand at this cute little spice storage idea using mason jars. I'm so happy with how they came out and even happier that I don't have to deal with the bulky plastic spice containers anymore--I can simply re-fill my blue mason jars when I'm running low and then store the rest.

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Click to buy these fun blue mason jars on Amazon.

SUPPLIES:
-Ball mason jars (I used 8 oz. blue jars, but feel free to use whatever style mason jar you wish!)
-Dewalt 12v drill/screw gun
-HiTemp mini hot glue gun
-mini hot glue gun sticks
-wood screws (I used 1/2" screws but you'll want to get whatever size is good for under your top cabinets that won't blow through your shelves.)

STEP 1: Hot glue seals
Because I was going to be mounting these jars to the underside of my top kitchen cabinets, I needed them to be secure, so I hot glued the flat seals to the lid of the mason jars.

I made sure to apply pressure while the glue was still hot to ensure a good hold.

STEP 2: Mount lids to underside of cabinet
Next, I took my drill and screws and drilled one screw from the underside of the mason jar lids to the underside of my top cabinet. I tried to get the screw as close to center as possible. Feel free to pre-drill a hole in to the center of your lids before mounting.

Then, I screwed my spice-filled jars onto my mounted lids.

I couldn't believe how quick and easy this project was! We plan to eliminate our top cabinets in the coming months as part of our kitchen reno, but I may use this same concept with our open shelving because I love how easy these cute little jars are!

You can buy these blue mason jars here.

And can we just agree that these blue mason jars are to die for?! I absolutely love how pretty they are and how they add a touch of color to my kitchen.

(Note: My cost for this project was $17 because I only had to purchase the jars.)

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Christine O'Dell-Wills

I think these would be a great idea for our 5th wheel camper... keep them fresh, they shouldn’t break.

• Lee Ann Squiers

Absolutely! I am definitely going to try this in my new place adding chalkboard labels. Thank you for the idea.