A Few Painting Tips...Use Samples to Test Things Out!

+6
Now there are small sample size paints you can buy. Try the paints in more than one area. The colors may look different on dark or sunny walls. These small sample sizes are also great for painting small projects. And remember you don't have to get it all done in one day. Why exhaust yourself?!

Anyone ever NOT test beforehand and regret it?!
  • R Bush R Bush on Feb 14, 2017
    Where can you find the small sample size paints?
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Feb 14, 2017
    This is a really good idea! I definitely had that issue - I picked what I thought was a really nice green for an accent wall and it ended up much lighter than I'd wanted, even with a few coats. I ended up painting over it a few months later and I really regretted not testing it first!
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 14, 2017
    Awesome idea I feel like this is going to stop a lot of regret and frustration, thank you!!!
  • Em Em on Feb 19, 2017
    Years ago, I chose a what I thought was a soft, understated Williamsburg Blue. Turned out to look like the most turquoise part of the Carribean ocean. Oh well, lesson learned! Our painter saw me with tears in my eyes and offered to re-paint without an extra charge as long as paint was furnished. What a guy!
  • 861650 861650 on Mar 01, 2017
    Go to a craft store as they have hundreds of acrylic paint colors and they are inexpensive. Sometimes they will have a sale...four for a dollar. Take a poster board and cut it in to fourths and paint each one a different color. Tape on wall. Move it around the room one day at a time. Place beside a window or a picture and/or your sofa, etc. Do this procedure with different colors.
  • Dfm Dfm on Mar 07, 2017
    I like using foam core a -big sheet- to test paint colors. i'll get a qt of a color and paint the board. move it around the room. live with it for a week. lighting does make a huge difference ! the "oops" colors get put on plant trolleys.