Homemade Lemon And Lavender Hand Scrub

Hello friends. Today, I am sharing something a little different and fun with you all. It is an easy to make homemade lemon and lavender hand scrub which I promise will work wonders on your rough and dehydrated skin. I like using aromatic herbs and essentials oils for many things but these days, I especially love to use them for making my own beauty treatments.

Scrubs have many wonderful benefits.  They whisk away dead skin cells, resulting in brighter, more radiant skin.  They also improve the skin's absorption of other products such as moisturizers and oils. But more importantly, when combined with scented oils, they help to relax, soothe and calm.   And who doesn't need that these days right??

Homemade hand scrubs are inexpensive and very easy to make. Best of all, you can customize them. Whether you want to make them for yourself, or as gifts for friends or family, I hope you give this DIY project a try.

This 8 oz. glass canning jar is the perfect size if you want to make these for a gift.

Here is what you need:

1 Cup of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon honey
Juice of half a lemon
Lemon zest (half a lemon)
1/4 cup of olive oil
10 drops of lavender essential oil
1 teaspoon of lavender (chopped-really fine)
Mixing bowl
Small grater
Knife 
Mason Jar for storing 

Zest Lemon

Chopped lavender.. Really fine

INSTRUCTIONS

Place honey and olive oil in mixing bowl

Add fresh lemon juice and lemon zest

Add fresh lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar. Mix well.

Add fresh lavender and lavender oil and mix well.  If you prefer a thicker consistency, you can add more sugar.  Have fun with this.  You can use your favorite scented oil too if you do not care for lavender or you can simply make it with the lemon scent.  It is up to you.  

Place scrub in individual jars and enjoy.  Be sure to wet skin before applying to your hands. You will love how soft and hydrated your skin will be. I suggest refrigerating the hand scrub if you will not be using it often and as always, if you have any skin allergies or sensitive skin, please check with your doctor before using this hand scrub.

Thank you for being here today.  I hope you enjoy this fun project.   Please follow link below for more photos and full post for this project. Also, be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and my blog.

Wishing you a wonderful week,

Janet  

• Fresh Lavender  (Supermarket)
  • Fresh Lemons  (Supermaket)
  • Lavender Oil  (Supermarket)

Rosemary & Thyme

• Rlk21795750

I just tried this a couple days ago and mine is separating, should I add more sugar or is this normal?
    • Cynthia

stir or shake to re-distribute. I bought something a while back that was similar and it was amazing. I used on my feet as well as my hands.

• Debbie

Instead of sugar, can Epson or sea salt be used instead?

• Luci

since this has natural ingredients, what is the self life?

• Jerri

yes,inspired. Going to try this.
  • Rebeccah Rose

I would recommend using nonrefined coconut oil in place of the olive oil. I used to use olive oil too, but quickly learned coconut oil is so much better. And it doesn't separatethe way olive oil does.