S A N D R A
S A N D R A
  • Fountain Valley, CA

How To Clean Copper | Antique Copper Tea Kettle

Its not every day I get the time to write blog posts back to back even if I do have the content but this week I'm happy that I have found the time to do so. I've been anxious to share this post with you all.
how to clean copper antique copper tea kettle, cleaning tips, how to, repurposing upcycling
I bought this vintage copper tea kettle for $5 at an outdoor marketplace a few weeks ago, when I saw it, plus a few others surrounding it, this one in particular stood out because of the white and blue ceramic handle.  Although very used and vintage looking, that's exactly what attracts me to these pieces.  They clearly have a story underneath it all.

Copper has been making a serious comeback vintage or modern, I'm starting to see it in every type of home. I've always been a fan, but have been skeptic, because I kept thinking it would cost me a fortune, and at one point it did, some still do.  But clearly you can still find affordable pieces or they will occasionally will find you and you won't be able to pass it up.
As beautiful as this tea kettle was with all its use and its unique rustic look, I couldn't help but notice that the rinse I gave it was not enough to bring it back to its somewhat original life.

Even though I won't be using it, its clearly for its beauty and looks, I still wanted it to be that pretty copper that it once was.

I did some research and here's what I found worked for me and seems to be the safest route for any copper kitchen items you have old or new.

• Lemon Juice
  • Baking Soda
  • Vinegar
  • Salt
Combine a few tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of baking soda and rub mixture with cloth until the grime begins to come off.

Polish it off with a clean cloth.

Pour vinegar and salt over the copper, rub it in and keep rubbing until the tarnish removes.

That's it.  quick and easy.
I might actually need to do this several times with my kettle but with just one time, it made all the difference and literally took minutes.

• Baking Soda  (grocery store)
  • Lemon juice  (grocery store)
  • Vinegar  (grocery store)

S A N D R A

• Patricia Gail Craig

Have you tried Ketchup? It worked for me😊

• SpudBread

Wright's Brass Cleaner-Polish -- a bit "fumey" wash off in hot soapy water, polish with soft cloth. Don't even have to RUB'n SCRUB ... except on a few "hard spots."