How I organized my crafts, finally!

+11
After years of doing crafts and adding plastic organizers as I found them, I had a mishmash of colors, sizes, and containers for all my different crafts.
It got so that I didn't even want to do anything anymore because it was such a mess.

e crafting mishmash made pretty

Different organizers, but no organization I

e crafting mishmash made pretty

I started by taking all the drawers out and matching up everything that was not together.- Scissors in one drawer, punches together, etc.  What a mess!

To motivate me I bought several cans of Valspar Project Perfect Paint and Primer in One spray paint in Exotic Sea, one of my favorite colors.

e crafting mishmash made pretty

This is what my corner looks like after painting all the plastic  containers Exotic Sea so they matched. I put one of the rolling  drawer units one top of a larger one, taking off the wheels of the top one.  I also painted my pencil lazy susan silver to make it prettier. (bought at a thrift store for $1)

e crafting mishmash made pretty

Front view.  I had the two sided table from my grandmother. I had previously painted it white with teal and sprayed the drawer pulls silver. That's what inspired my color scheme. Now I'm ready to start my crafts again!

Costs- 2 cans Valspar Spray Paint- 4.99 each
  • Cori Widen Cori Widen on Feb 15, 2017
    You did an amazing job! This is inspiring me!

• Awesome! Wanna come help me with my mess???? ☺ I do not have a designated craft room . . . Yet. Yes, it was hard work, with minimal cost, and the end result is outstanding. And you used some of my favorite colos too. Great share, thanks! A+++

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 16, 2017
    Wow! You turned that room around! Go you!! Thanks for sharing, it makes me feel motivated to begin!

• Linda J Linda J on Feb 16, 2017
    Thanks! I'm actually better at organizing other peoples stuff than mine because I can be ruthless at throwing things away!

• Edie M Canales Edie M Canales on Feb 17, 2017
    WOO great job ! Can U come help me with my craft room?

• Bbunny42 Bbunny42 on Feb 22, 2017
    Great job! My granddaughter is coming to live with me in a few weeks to attend college. She loves to draw and craft and I like to craft and sew (hoping to teach her) so we are going to convert the informal dining room into an office/craft room/dining room. I like the drop-leaf table; may try to find one to use. First, we have to clear out a lot of miscellaneous cookbooks, decorating books, gardening books, small pitcher collection, etc. so we can organize! Wish us luck!

• See 1 previous
    • Bbunny42 Bbunny42 on Feb 23, 2017
      Thank you. What fun to have a 4 year old granddaughter! Seems like last week mine was that age and now she's 23! But we are looking forward to fun activities between school and her job she will find.

• Reta Green Reta Green on Feb 23, 2017
    ALWAYS HAVE BEST INTENTIONS. I ORGANIZE, LABEL ETC. ALAS, TO SOON ITS ALL A MESS AGAIN!

• Jeannie Carle Jeannie Carle on Feb 23, 2017
    very very nice!

• Marj MRC Creations Marj MRC Creations on Feb 23, 2017
    Looks good! I don't think it looked so badly before - considering the huge mess in my own studio space. LOL I have use of about 2/3 of our single car garage and it is filled to the rafters. I've sorted many times before, but it quickly turns into a mess again with the addition of projects and supplies. I truly have to be ruthless and empty out almost the entire space before actually figuring out what stays and what goes. UGH! I do not look forward to that. And yet.... you give me hope!

• Linda J Linda J on Feb 23, 2017
    Good luck! I'm actually selling several of my craft items on eBay, so that gives me some motivation too. Painting my organizers a pretty color gave me the motivation to clean it out.