Chalkboard Herb Plant Markers

$3.00

See how to make chalkboard herb markers that won't rub off in the rain. Very easy and doesn't take much time.

chalkboard herb plant markers, chalkboard paint, crafts, gardening

I found the above craft sticks at the Dollar Store, and because they’re wood, I sealed them on both sides.  You can see where I held them as I brushed the sealer on.  After they dried, I did the other side and where I held them.   Any sealer from the craft department can be used.

I thought it might look nice to paint one of the end the same color as the pot it was going in.  After the top dried, I measured and used painters tape over the painted top. 

Then I brushed a couple of coats of black chalkboard paint over the rest of the stick, on both sides.

I used General's Charcoal White Pencil to write the name of the herb on the dried chalkboard paint. My blog has a printable with names of herbs and in the small size font you'll need for this. I needed to protect this so rain wouldn’t wash it off, so I sprayed it with Krylon Matte Finish sealer.

Now you can leave it out through all the heavy downpours without worrying about the chalk coming off.

• Craft sticks  (Dollar Store)
  • Chalkboard paint  (Michael's)
  • General's Charcoal White pencil  (Art Store)
Theredpaintedcottage