Our Little Herb Garden

It's never too early to start planting herbs and getting ready for spring.

our little herb garden

This is the stepladder that started my idea for our herb garden. I found and bought this at a local flea market for just a few dollars. I love the splatters of paint on it.

our little herb garden

We got rid of lots of old clay pots when we moved, so I had to go out and buy a few.  If you’ve used clay pots, you know how they soak up water.  So the first thing I did was to seal them all, both inside and out with a sealer I purchased at the craft store.

our little herb garden

Because these pots were going to be outside, I chose to use outdoor/patio craft paint. Choose some colors that you love.

our little herb garden

I have to be honest here and tell you that the yellow was driving me a bit bonkers because it took so many coats to cover it.  I even tried using just regular yellow craft paint (not the outdoor kind) and it seemed more translucent than opaque.  So other than the bright yellow, all the other colors covered really well.

our little herb garden

When you're finished with the painting and planting, just put them all on your stepladder and enjoy.

• Clay pots and trays  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Sealer  (Michael's)
  • Outdoor/patio craft paint  (Hobby Lobby)
Theredpaintedcottage

• Diane Forte Barfield

Yes. I'm doing this.

• Pat Ruge

Who says you can't buy "character"? That ladder adds a lot of character to your project, like the older generation supporting the newer generation with great expectations of things to come.