Make It Beautiful With Vinegar and Salt!

1 Material
$0

Growing up we always use vinegar and salt to make her old pennies look new. ...so I'm working on an antique sideboard and the old drawer pulls was so rusted wasn't sure if I could reuse them but I wanted to keep the look without buying new ones... that's what I remembered the vinegar and salt trick

About 2 cups of water, 1/2 cup vinegar and about 2 tps of salt

Letting them sit in the salt and vinegar bath for about 30 minutes then taking a toothbrush to help clean off the rust and to get in the detail of the drawer pull

Looking beautiful! so happy with the results and now to get this project finished having fun with Eve's Saturday Projects

• Drawer pulls, salt, vinegar, water,1 old toothbrush  (On hand)

• Catherine Adams

Will this also work on not so pure metals?? I create jewelry & sometimes my silver plated chain gets a tinge of not so shiney.. i resorted to putting all my chain in ziplocks 😂

• Wanda Burt

Thank you.I was proud an excited I inherited her silver n old briefcase it came in..

• Tams

Wonder how well it would take like film inside very old bottles, well I've tried everything, even soaking over njght in dew covered grass like ya do oven rack to just spray built on grime off like nothing. Im but no luck with the white film like in old bottles

• Puff

What will clean entrance door handle & key lock? Brasso doesn't get it. It's not shiny anymore. What is the ratio too. Thanks.

• Hillela G.

I had no idea you could do that- another awesome use for vinegar, thanks Eve!!
    • Tams

I'm with you, vinegar, peroxide, baking soda, bleach and awesome cleaner. Another brass and any shiny like metal, glass ext is nine other than lens solution, cleaned a rusty antique meat scale where it was put neer new almost. Was quite amazed

• Jan hunter

Clean brass or copper with ketchup