Eve Moore Kiser
Eve Moore Kiser
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Knoxville, TN

Make It Beautiful With Vinegar and Salt!

1 Material
$0

Growing up we always use vinegar and salt to make her old pennies look new. ...so I'm working on an antique sideboard and the old drawer pulls was so rusted wasn't sure if I could reuse them but I wanted to keep the look without buying new ones... that's what I remembered the vinegar and salt trick

make it beautiful with vinegar and salt, cleaning tips

About 2 cups of water, 1/2 cup vinegar and about 2 tps of salt

Letting them sit in the salt and vinegar bath for about 30 minutes then taking a toothbrush to help clean off the rust and to get in the detail of the drawer pull

Looking beautiful! so happy with the results and now to get this project finished having fun with Eve's Saturday Projects

• Drawer pulls, salt, vinegar, water,1 old toothbrush  (On hand)

• Catherine Adams

Will this also work on not so pure metals?? I create jewelry & sometimes my silver plated chain gets a tinge of not so shiney.. i resorted to putting all my chain in ziplocks 😂

• Edna Silao Channell

For silver jewelry plated or pure silver, Line a glass vessel with aluminum foil add spoonful of baking soda then pour boiling water. Immerse your jewelry and watch the tarnish disappears . Repeat the procedure if needed.

• Tams

Wonder how well it would take like film inside very old bottles, well I've tried everything, even soaking over njght in dew covered grass like ya do oven rack to just spray built on grime off like nothing. Im but no luck with the white film like in old bottles

• Eve Moore Kiser

Have you ever tried tablets that you clean Dentures with I have used them often and they work really well try that and then you can always try the vinegar and salt it's amazing what it will do also hope this helps thanks

• Doris Jean Miller

If you need a safe Brass or copper cleaner you can order the one I use. It's non toxic and odor free..The Victorian House Brass and Copper Restorer made in Oklahoma. Www.thevictorianhouseproducts.com

• Hillela G.

I had no idea you could do that- another awesome use for vinegar, thanks Eve!!
    • Tams

I'm with you, vinegar, peroxide, baking soda, bleach and awesome cleaner. Another brass and any shiny like metal, glass ext is nine other than lens solution, cleaned a rusty antique meat scale where it was put neer new almost. Was quite amazed