Throwback Thursday! What do you think?

+10
I made a variety of "gazing balls" from bowling balls using glass, marbles, etc., but my favorite is the caterpillar that I made several years ago. He's been in various locations and has been painted a couple of times. The bowling balls were either found on the side of the road or purchased from Salvation Army (cheap). We used PVC pipe that fit the thumb hole to help support some of the bowling balls and the antennae are copper tubing that has aged over the years; we drilled the holes for the antennae. I used Rustoleum spray paint for indoor/outdoor projects (in green shades, of course). Here are a few pics over the years.

e throwback thursday

2013: He comes to life in the front garden bed over some very cool rocks that I got at Rock Solid (a stone/rock yard where I've purchased very unique rocks over the years).

e throwback thursday

2016: He crawled to the back garden and is freshly painted (decided to go without eyes - I was experimenting). Same rocks.

e throwback thursday

2017: Despite the missing eyes, he found his way over a bit after we reconfigured some other garden structures. It sort of looks like he's worming his way through or behind the blocks (well, you have to have a good imagination, right?). He needs to be painted again and I plan to repaint his eyes. Same rocks.