WATCH THE VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE!!!

D.I.Y Picture Canvases

$30

I am currently doing a room makeover for my daughters and i wanted some picture canvases for behind their beds. After looking everywhere i couldn't find the size that i wanted for less than $90 so i decided i was going to make them myself.
I found my canvases at ROSS for $7.99 they came in a package of 2.
I printed my pictures at Walmart in matte photo paper: my picture size was 20x30 and they were around
First thing i did was to glue the picture to the canvas with some modpodge, then i started folding the edges to the back and began stapling them.

d i y picture canvases
then if you have any excess you can cut it to make it nice!

d i y picture canvases
Last step is to apply a coat of modpodge to seal it , let it dry and you are ready to hang your piece 😀
d i y picture canvases
This is how they looked on their room! I can say i looove how they came out and hope you do too!
Give it a try! :)

d i y picture canvases

• Mod podge  (Canvas)
  • Stapler  (Pictures)

• Cka32035436

Sorry, I couldn't tell whether the photographs are printed on copy paper or photo paper? Thank you.

• Joy Kimmelman- Lewis

They looks great, but how is this project only $30 when you paid $18 for each print and $7.99 for the canvases. In my math that comes to roughly $44.00! Also, were the mod-podge, staples and brushes free?

• Lana

BTW: The least price I have ever seen the finished product for is on GROUPON... for around $21!! So this DIY for $22 seems pretty well priced... & looks GREAT! THANKS for sharing, @Adriana Boza!

• Selena Lee-Murphy

Love the way these turned out. Did the white marks disappear when everything dried?

• Yel32716200

how were you able to get the photos to adhere totally flat, without any air pockets when the photos had dried. I tried a small trial run using a stretched canvas and modpodge. Thanks for a nice idea - if I can manage a better outcome

• Debbie Martin

I loved it and you made it look more simpler than I personally could have imagined, and the most exciting part was it is affordable!!! Thank you for sharing !! Great Idea