D.I.Y Picture Canvases

$30

I am currently doing a room makeover for my daughters and i wanted some picture canvases for behind their beds. After looking everywhere i couldn't find the size that i wanted for less than $90 so i decided i was going to make them myself.
I found my canvases at ROSS for $7.99 they came in a package of 2.
I printed my pictures at Walmart in matte photo paper: my picture size was 20x30 and they were around $18 each.
You can WATCH THE FULL VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW..
If you like it do not forget to subscribe for more tutorials like this one :)

WATCH THE VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE!!!
First thing i did was to glue the picture to the canvas with some modpodge, then i started folding the edges to the back and began stapling them.

then if you have any excess you can cut it to make it nice!

Last step is to apply a coat of modpodge to seal it , let it dry and you are ready to hang your piece 😀
This is how they looked on their room! I can say i looove how they came out and hope you do too!
Give it a try! :)

• Mod podge  (Canvas)
  • Stapler  (Pictures)

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers

To see more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKlNwU-xv1KpQygaKTmQBA

• Miss Amanda
    Miss Amanda

I definitely am going to do this one! One question: why don't you just cut a piece of wood, staple the photo as you did, then attach a hanger on the back? I can't believe it would look any different.

• Vvr Romero
      Vvr Romero

Attaching the picture to the canvas makes it super light so that it can hang on a small nail. I've done this exact project to avoid drilling nails into the wall.

• MOLLY
    MOLLY

Just to be clear first you applied modpodge folded and stapled. Then you applied more modpodge....is the second application on the face of the picture or over the stapled area?

• Cindy Timms
    Cindy Timms

It's quite cool looking, but what kind of mod podge or does it matter? I would like to do this ! I  I love it! Thank You for sharing!